Lead Business Development Intern: Elliot Woodwell
- School / Graduation Date: Colby College 2024
- What was your role at CPG this summer? My role this summer included policy research as well as business development research while leading two other interns in site research
- What was your favorite project or task that you worked on this summer? My favorite project was studying Inclusive Community Solar Adders in New York and creating an understanding of the market for the reopening of the program
- How do you think you can apply the skills you learned this summer in your future? I think I can use the tools I learned during this summer to complete most versions of business development tasks that may come my way in the future as well as being able to decipher opportunities from new policy legislation
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? I would want to be able to teleport so that I could travel anywhere in the world without having to deal with the complications of transport and the time it takes.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 5 years I see myself working with companies to help lower their carbon footprint in an economically advantageous way
Engineering Intern: Iman Lloyd
- School / Graduation Date: Sidwell Friends School, 2023
- What was your role at CPG this summer? Engineering Intern
- What was your favorite project or task that you worked on this summer? I really enjoyed working on CAD projects a lot. I’ve always been told how important CAD is but have never gotten a chance to learn about it but doing this internship has allowed me to both learn how to use it and actually apply it to something important. It was also just nice to see how much goes into each site.
- How do you think you can apply the skills you learned this summer in your future? I think CAD will be very useful going forward as I want to continue with engineering. I also believe that the wordpress skills I used will be very important if I ever want to make a website!
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? Control the powers of the weather like Storm!
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Hopefully graduating college and heading into either a great physics research position or great engineering position. I’d also like to have learned how to bake by then.
Business Development Interns: Laura Youel Page and Catie O’Shea
- School / Graduation Date: Sidwell Friends School / June 2023
- What was your role at CPG this summer? We researched potential solar sites in New York and Delaware regions throughout our time with CPG. In learning to evaluate utility capacity maps, we were able to locate viable parcels. We learned the important aspects of a site, including acreage, wetlands and flooding, and the neighboring properties. We then began to understand what the next steps are in organizing and following up with the information we gathered.
- What was your favorite project or task that you worked on this summer? One project we worked on involved tracing and evaluating power lines in Delaware and using that information to find adequate property. Gathering information on a specific parcel and then inputting it onto different programs was highly rewarding.
- How do you think you can apply the skills you learned this summer in your future? We learned and exercised the fundamental skills of collaboration, self-discipline, and communication with our bosses and the team as a whole. These skills will come into play in future environments, whether it be in the classroom or another workplace.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
- Laura: If I could have any superpower, I would choose telekinesis because it is the most versatile power.
- Catie: I would choose the ability to fly because it would be much easier to go from place to place (without traffic).
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Laura: In 5 years I see myself graduating college and moving to New York City to pursue a job opportunity. I am not sure what I will study in college, but I am definitely interested in furthering my education of renewable energy and environmental studies.
- Catie: In 5 years, I’ll have just graduated college and will hopefully be starting work in an environmental field. This experience gave me an idea of what working in renewable energy is like, and I’m interested in learning more.